Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ok its all here now

xrlentau6 ยท 2008-02-02 19:32

After a long wait, (its always seems long when waiting) the truck has a arrived. Heres a quick pic of it not long after I got it, havent finished the sign writing yet as need to cut the sides of the tipper down about 250mm to make loading with the skid quicker and wont lose to much in capacity as its a big tub and with only being only being able to carry 11 ton theres heaps of room. Will put more pics once the sign writing is finished.

Replies7
  1. #1Squizzy246B2008-02-02 19:42

    Looks good, well presented rig when you pull up. How's the potential client base looking??..done any advertising? Don't take crap from builders on site cleans, about 1 in 10 builders is worthwhile. If they start trying to knock you down stand firm. Get the price lists from the tips and keep them in the truck. Don't be afraid to pull up at a building site and hand out a few biz cards. Well done on the Mitsy.

  2. #2xrlentau62008-02-11 06:11

    Well already added to the collection Seems plant etc is a bit like golf clubs, you can never have enough. Came across this little tractor with slasher and rotary hoe for a price I just could not say no to.

  3. #3Lashlander2008-02-11 10:34

    Wow, it came out nice! Good luck.

  4. #4Steve Frazier2008-02-11 14:24

    What are the specs on a truck like that? Horsepower, transmission and weight capacity? You've come a long way with it, nice job!

  5. #5AtlasRob2008-02-11 14:40

    nice truck :crying I cant believe your going to attack that beautiful body to cut it down having just had it painted :Banghead I'm sure there is a very good reason you didnt cut it before :beatsme.

  6. #6xrlentau62008-02-12 04:03

    Thanks for the comments, The truck is 325hp, is a 13 speed eaton, only really use the top 6 gears so its not to hard to drive. Can carry around 11 tonne, plus its rated to 42t which would include a bloody big trailer but I only have the little plant trailer abot 4tonne and thats enough for me. Like the idea of being about to at the end of the day load everything up and go even if I have a load to tip so that I am not leaving my plant at a worksite. As for why I am cutting the sides down, I had measured them before I got it painted and on paper the bobcat has the reach to load into the bin, however as with a lot of things I have found its a bit a slow process as I need to be a full reach, which as you guys would know is a bit unstable as you reach the limit of lift. By cutting down the sides, it will make loading the truck with the skid quicker and easier (2 things that I like) and I will still be about to get a good 11tonne in. At least I havent finished the sign writting yet as was waiting to see if I needed to get it cut down before we went and put all the writing on. Will post a pic when its all done.

  7. #7AtlasRob2008-03-26 13:52

    Hi xrlentau6, any update on your truck project. Did you get the sides cut down ok, and did it work out as you hoped?