Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buy Emissions Compliance (a Little) Easier

CEwriter ยท 2009-08-13 16:41

I understand that the cost of compliance with the California Air Resources Board's In-Use Off-Road Diesel rule is the really hard part about compliance. Not being possessed of a great reserve of cash to share, I thought I'd take a whack at clarifying which exhaust retrofits are suitable for which engines. Here's a good way to get into either an interactive table of CARB-verified diesel emissions control strategies (VDECS) or a story about all the verified products, their makers, and some of the key purchase-decision factors. You can easily sort the table to see all of the passive filters, or all those verified for off-road vehicles, or all those verified for pre-1996 engines. There's also a bunch of links to the CARB verification docs and manufacturer web sites. These VDECS are important outside CA, too. If you work in New York City, Chicago, Vancouver, or do much federally funded work, you're going to need to know about them sooner or later. Hope this is helpful. L

Replies0

No replies yet.