Getting ready to buy a 2005 komatsu 140-2N backhoe and was wondering if this is a good buy for me. Will be using it on our farm and maybe some side work for extra money. The machine has 2300 hours on it. It is 4x4 extendahoe, pilot controls, and an open station. I am giving 19,000 for the machine, is this a good buy please respond. Thanks
I looked at one awhile ago and wasn't real impressed with what I saw. Engine and drive train items were OK but the sheet metal, engine hood and cab coverings gave me the impression of being real cheap. The engine hood was beat up and busted in places from material dropping off he top of the bucket. The king pins on the backhoe turret were very sloppy on a machine that was less than two years old. I don't know if it was just bad maintenance or not high quality in the components. The machine felt kind of clumsy when driving it. Having spent a great deal of time working on the Komatsu line I came away feeling a little disappointed. The price doesn't sound that bad but I would suggest checking for a dealer and asking about parts availability. Front axle parts, brakes and backhoe components will probably not be in stock. Good Luck!
Thanks john i will check out how hard it will be to find parts for the hoe. Do you know how many hours was on the machine that you looked at. Thanks again