Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seems like my 580SL uses twice as much fuel as my old SK

69zfarmer ยท 2009-11-22 08:37

I have had my 580SL series1 now for about 2 years.I had a 580SK before and it seem like it would go forever on a tank of fuel.Now it keeps me busy putting fuel in my SL.I know it has a little more horses and it is turbo charged unlike the SK.Anybody agree with me?Any studies on fuel usage out there like there is on ag tractors?

Replies3
  1. #1Bartlanz2009-11-22 08:52

    First off, I have no idea on fuel studies, or SK to SL. I do know I am consistantly supprised by how little fuel my 580K uses though... Seems like fuel just lasts forever in the thing. I am constantliy wondering if my fuel guage works bc of it.

  2. #2cat9802009-11-22 10:24

    My 580E barely burns fuel too i go for like a week on a tank of fuel and thats constant running. actually iam not sure about a week but a long time. I figured a 1986 machine would burn some fuel but it doesnt.

  3. #3JS580SL2009-11-24 19:50

    The L we had would drink but wasnt to bad. The M I run will suck down 3/4 or more of a tank in 10 hours of non stop diggin and backfilling.