where do i find used dozers, locally and cheap? i checked craigslist, usediron, catused, and machinery trader. i think there should be more though. thanks
Sounds like most of the on line sites.There are Richie Auction ,Iron Planet. Check the local equipment dealers and the classifieds.Good luck
Check with Brad Sparks at Fresno Tractor
Finding a good cheap dozer is pretty hard. Its not like going to Wal-Mart. There seems to be more dozers available in the East than West. You might check (I think ) equipmenttrader.com or mtspbl.com Depending on what price range. I had a fellow call me the other day saying he bought a dozer for $5000. and $10,000 worth of problems with it off e-bay. Be very careful about buying one un seen and take someone with you that knows dozers and how to check them out. Every one has a dream about buying a cheap dozer. A ole saying "It is unwise to pay too much for a product, but if it is good and serves your needs, all you have lost is a little money, which will be forgotten over time. But if you pay too little and buy a worthless pice of junk, you will have lost all and have a bitter taste in your mouth for years.":usa
thanks all. im thinking about bitting the bullet and financing a good used one. what does PAT dozer mean?
PAT is Power Angle Tilt blade, also known as a six way blade. Very usefull for finishing and utility work, but if you are rooting around in trees and rocks and the like, it may not be as rugged as needed. What size dozer are you looking for?
something smaller. d3, 4, maybe a 5. or even as small as a komatsu d21. but a d31 more preffered.
I don't know what your budget is, but here is a good selection of small cats on Ironplanet. They do an inspection, so you get a feel for the condition. http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/find/searchresults.jsp?category=1&command=NewSearch&locs=USA;CAN&h=400
for the price they usually end up selling for are they good? the thing i am most concerned about that is is shipping. i dont think it would be worth it depending on how much it costs. has anyone on here ever bought off iron planet out of state?
Um what about the guy in Madera, right off the 99 and ave 17, he's got some dozers...
I have bought as far away as Georgia. Shipping on a small dozer I would guess 3K or so from east coast. Its only 1/3 to 1/2 of a load. Closer is better, but the right deal at the right time is worth the shipping. They have auctions every week to 2 weeks, so if you don't like the deal this time, check back in a week or 2. Its still a small risk, but just another option to me. I have bought 7 or 8 machines that way. some close, some far away. In about 3 more months, Richie Brothers will have another auction in the Stockton or Sacramento area. If you know what to look for, you can get a pretty good deal, and prices ared down right now. Check their website for the next sale close to you. http://www.rbauction.com/index.jsp
the place in madera dosent really have anything im interested in right now. at least on line
Try Ebay!! I've looked on Ebay and searched for the one's closest to me and found some pretty good ones. Machinery Trader is what I use the most. But good luck!
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums girlieracerk! :drinkup
Brad at Frenso Tractor must have 30 or more dozers, from HD11 size to 455 Komatsu, try him. If he doesn't have what you want he will try find it for you, he is in Fresno California, not sure how far that is from you but he is in the state any way, I been there it is impressive to see what he has
fresno is about 2 1/2hrs or so from here but i used to spend alot of time there. i guess i was thinking fresno tractor was the same as national hardware supply.
There are a lot of good 'ole boy dozer guys in Oregon... I'd suggest calling Crowley Equipment in Eugene. www.crowleyequipment.com I sold thiem a very nice D7G and they treated me great.
I'm not sure if Fresno Tractor has decent prices on used equipment, but I know there rental rates are out of control. I called them a few weeks ago to rent a 310 sized backhoe for a day, they wanted $650. It cost me less than half that from another rental yard.
Try (Rock and Dirt) or (Construction Equipment Guide) .I get the magazines and they are loaded with equipment.