Mxs 14566 Argmt # 2615341 Can anyone please tell what internals this engine has or was supposed to have? Maybe Nige will chime in i hope.
"Internals" covers a multitude of sins. Can you be more specific which parts in particular you are interested in, and why.?
Im Wondering what pistons and cam are in it. Curious to see if it's the same as my other mxs
Need the S/N of "the other one" in that case.
Mxs86544
Here we go........ Despite the two engines being different Arrangement Numbers (264-0473 vs 261-5341) the 248-5546 "Core Engine Arrgt" is common to both. Camshaft: - P/N 332-7299 Piston & Rod Gp - P/N 248-5515.
I have 261-5472 on the other engine. Anyway They are both 18:1 I'll have to go back and check the cam. Thank you
How much difference is there between 249-0709 and 249-0702 injectors?
No idea. There are no specs out there for comparing injector part numbers unfortunately.
I found a guy that has cat rebuilt 709 and aftermarket 702' that are rebuilt with new parts supposedly
To quote Clint Eastwood - "Do ya feel lucky.?"
I know right! Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas
These Clatterpillas can most definitely be made to pull, but not for long if certain things aren't addressed. Bragging rights usually end up very, very deep into the pocketbook. Are you still working on the same engine from a year and a half ago? Or, did that one last 75k and now you're into it again??
And the Rubber?
At least they got the sound right. Would've been funny as hell if they'd have used old 2 stroker noise from a 70s Greyhound.......
No i bought a heavy haul truck with the same engine. The truck is was working on a year ago is running like a dream. I didnt build it crazy. It gets 7.5 mpg loaded if you drive it right and has all the power a guy needs and is the most reliable truck I've ever had.
The new truck seems to run a little warmer then I'd like but I noticed the fan was out of balance. I ordered a new one yesterday I'm hoping that's all it is.
You are correct. However the 261-5472 complete engine Arrgt still uses the same 248-5546 Core Engine Arrgt, so the Piston & Rod Assy part numbers remain the same.
I see, thank you for clarifying.