Hi, Has anyone got a C190 New Holland Track-loader at all ?. I am having major problems with my undercarriage leaning in and am sick to death of being told that I'm am the only one that has every had these problems :beatsme . I think that all the salesmen had that line drummed into them from the start .:Banghead Any help would be great . Cheers
Your C190 undercarriage is leaning in?
I have seen your posts in a different forum trying to find the cause . Is the top of the track leaning in or is the bottom of track splayed out making it look like they are leaning in ? What is the attachment arrangement between the trackframes and body ? Do you have some pictures ?
Iron Horse , Has the c190 been released in America at all and if so , for how long has it been out ?. It seems that the top of the track is leaning in .The side frame of the machine is still perfect , also it seems that the rear idler is being pulled in at the rear . By the looks of it , they have used the wheeled skid steer and just beefed up around the area that your wheel motors would normally bolt to . I dont have any pic's at the moment but will get some as soon as it stops raining here . They have leaned in enough to notice the wear on the tracks .......it is to the point that I have turned the tracks over to try to compinsate until the dealer decides how to handle it . I'm just sick to death of the " this has never happened before " crap that I'm getting at the moment . :Banghead Cheers
I'm on the same Island as you mate , I can't answer your question . Look forward to seeing some photos .
The New Holland C190 has been for sale here in the US for a a long time. I think they released them in 2005. I can't tell you anything about your problem, but I know that New Holland doesn't sell many track machines in the US. Skid steers are another matter. You probably would be better off with a track machine that is more widely represented and accepted in your market.
Dont get me started with the problems i have had with a c185, makes me wanna puke. Biggest pos ever!
Bobcat190 , Mate , can you please list the problems that you had ?. Have you had the track frame lean inwards at all ? A mate had a c185 , it nearly broke him with the drama's that he had , then he updated to a c190 , it seems to be no better . It has spent more time in the workshop then working . It was enough to make him get off of skid-steers all together . He has now gone to a loader style of machine . I would be very interetsed in hearing from you . Cheers Jim
C'mon guys ...........156 views and only 1 person that a New Holland . I knew that they wern't that popular , but i didnt think that they where that bad . Anyone .......anyone know anyone that ones one of the new ones and is not real happy ...........let me know please . Cheers
Rockman..they're really not that popular at all. I don't know where you're from in Australia, but I mentioned earlier that you should by a different track loader. There are lots of brands out there. I own a ASV RC50 Positrack that I am very happy with and I used to sell Bobcats. There are others on this forum that run different machines too. I said earlier in this post that you should look for a rubber track machine that is well represented by lots of customers in Australia. I happened to look at ASVs website and they have a dealer in Melbourne that sells both New Holland and ASV. Maybe you should talk to them about your problem and ask them about the ASV at the same time?
Dig deep , The machine at the moment owes me too much money to get out of it and into something else .The only other machine that I would consider would be the Takauchi , a solid and proven product . You say that you are happy with your ASV , funny , I have seen several that are falling apart rapidly , guys selling them at less then 500hrs , no thanks , I will pass on that . Thanks for your help
No offense, but why did you buy the New Holland if you already know that the Takeuchi is "a solid and proven product"?:beatsme ointhead I've had excellent performance and life out of my machine with just on 2360hrs. It's strange that all the way down under you know of several ASV machines, but nobody on this forum in the US, with the largest skid steer and rubber track market in the world has piped up on owning a New Holland track machine except for one; Bobcat190, and he's had tons of problems. I wish you the best of luck getting help from your dealer or New Holland getting out of your machine into one you're happy with. Out of curiosity, what part of Australia are you from?
Far North Queensland
Sorry to hear about your troubles rockman. Maybe the words I add here will somwhat reflect the thoughts of a number of members; I haven't added anything to this thread because I have no experience with tracked NH skids, and only very limited experience with wheeled NH skids, they're just not that popular in my area. Nevertheless, I'm curious as a cat about your problem. What we have learned so far: You have a dealer that is not supporting you. To say "your the only one who's had that problem" is not a solution to your problem. Poor dealer support. Second, you said the "undercarriage" leans in in your first post, then later you said "the track frame" leans in, either way, if you say it's leaning, then it has to be visible to your eye. If it's that visible, then seems logical the source of the problem would be equally visible. Get the machine off the ground, yank the tracks off of it, then start inspecting components. If it's bad enough that you can see the lean, the source of the problem should be able to be found. You may have to get out the straight edge, square, and some measuring instruments, but you or a competent mechanic should be able to identify your problem. If you can't afford to get out of the machine, then i don't see where you have a different alternative than fix it. That is, if the dealer ain't gonna do his job and take care of his customer. Hope it all works out for ya, and do keep us informed.
We will just have to wait and see how this plays out over the next week .
Can you bypass the dealer and talk to a Factory Representative?
Where are the photos ? It is obvious no one has heard of your problem but if you want their help , show them what you are talking about .
I have bypassed the dealer ..........he is nothing but a lying piece of crap that can not be trusted and his mechanic , well , I would let him fix the door on my ****ter :Banghead, my mechanic fix's the things that he repairs . At the moment I am in talks with the head of New Holland Australia , we will see where that go's by early next week . Cheers
Iron Horse , I will have some photo's on monday ........as soon I will put them up . Imagine looking at the back of your machine with the tracks angled in between 8-10 degree's and try to remember that you paid nearly $100k for the problem . Cheers
Gday mate I am based in SA and own a C175 which also has this inherent problem there are 5 that I know of in SA and they have all received that strengthening kit (under factory reworks) you speak of due to the track frame deflecting inwards at the top as a result of the constant shock loads and vibration associated with track loaders they are under engineered in this area mine has not been repaired as yet and is only just starting to show signs of deflection after 855hrs of hard work. the NH CTL's are are very nice operating machines but are let down by this issue and are underpowered. You should have more luck with NH Aust. as they have been good to SA owners issues. Good luck John
John , I'm hoping that they will get it sorted for me . Are the other machines that you speak of , are they 175's or the 185 / 190 ?. Cheers
How are those photos coming along ?
The New Holland Company has decided to replace both my trackframes as they deem them to be unrepairable .:bouncegri The down side ........there is no trackframes in America at the moment ........they have to build me a set , I'm looking at a wait of around 2-3 months plus :Banghead I had their head guy come up and measure the frames , the chassis was still square , the frames where leaning in from the back of the machine and where twisted as well ( 3 degrees ). Even at that point , they where only going to replace the one side as they said " the other side is not that bad ".When I produced 3 names and numbers of guys that had decided to buy a different machine ( they where looking at New Holland ) , they considered it be in their intrest to try and make me a little bit more happy and fix the machine properly . Why do you have to go to such extreme's to get something fixed under warranty ?:beatsme Besides that I acuatlly don't mind the machine , just the back-up from the dealer leaves alot to be desired. Cheers
So does this mean you are not going to show us some photos ?
Well .. 20 months on , the same machine is still in the dealers getting warranty work done . Beyond being funny really In fixing the machine , they have stuffed the machine . Anyway , see what happens on Weds , a date with solicitor Ended up buying a Takeuchi tl250 1200hrs on , more then happy with it . Cheers