I have a 2011 c232 that I replaced the engine in due to engine issues. Blue smoke comes out of the exhaust when the machine is turning on grass. Machine has plenty of power now. Machine has 1922 hours with about 22 hours on the new engine. Oil might have went down just a hair. Any ideas? Thanks
Where did the new engine come from? What was the original failure? New injectors? Turbo? Is the old muffler full of oil and soot from previous failure?
New Engine came from New Holland dealer. Original failure was a cracked block. The engine came complete with new injectors and turbo. Muffler had no oil in it at all.
basics of smoke. Blue smoke is oil. White smoke is raw diesel or coolant Black smoke Is over fueling. If it blows a puff of blue smoke on startup or revving after idling for minute or so, it could be valve stem seals. If it blows smoke at high idle (no load high rpm) its normally rings.
New engines can also glaze the cylinders form idling to long. Sometimes you just have to work it hard to bed rings in. With a new engine, i get the air out of the cooling system and put it to hard work straight away. No excessive idle time.
New engine----better to whip it's ass like a mule in 105* degree heat, full throttle, wfo, and put away wet, that way when you personally turn the key the engine knows who's boss and scared to death, it should tremble when you walk by.------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Actually--I just work the engine normally, I like to idle it some to find the leaks which are ever present.
Maybe it's a non dynoed and just needs run time to seat the rings
Thanks for all the reply's. I have been running it hard. Hopefully it comes out of this.