Hello All My 305CR had a bad hyd leak under the seat. I traced the issue to the accumulator control valve but also found that there is no accumulator on my 305. I am not sure if it has been removed of if it was never fitted with one. What effect would the missing accumulator have? Just wondering if it worth fitting one. Regards Phil
Supply a Serial Number and it will be easy to tell if it was originally fitted with one.
Hello Nige The serial number is in my signature but I had 305CE instead of 305CR. Sorry about that. Serial number is CAT00305VDGT01480. Regards Phil
Answer is that for machines S/N DGT447-Up the accumulator could be added after the fact. The accumulator is part of the Pilot Lines. As far as i can see it provides a method of limited hydraulic system operation in case of engine failure with the implements in the air. Look at view F-F next to the main control valve. The accumulator is Ref #6.
Hello Nige Thanks for the info. If that's all the accumulator does I think I can live with out it for now. So the valves that I thought were leaking are not leaking but the cap bolts on the relief valve below those two valves were loose and that is the area the oil appeared to be coming from. There was that much oil and crap on everything it was hard to tell. I will give it all a birthday while it is out and change all o-rings and clean it all up. This valve block was a nightmare to get out and will probably be worse to get it back in. The valves I thought were accumulator control valves, one I think is for isolation of the pilot system when the left joystick is lifted up and the other I think is for high speed travel. Regards Phil