https://www.ironplanet.com/for-sale...|Truck+Mounted+Boom&rr=0.5&hitprm=&pnLink=yes I'm looking for a crane for my service truck, and yes I can't afford any of the "fancy" ones, so I have to peruse auctions for something I can afford. Is this a Palfinger? The color looks right. One of the stickers shows "80". I did some googling, but came up with nothing. I was hoping to see that logo on older Palfinger cranes, but I didn't find anything. Anyway, if anyone knows WTH this is, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!
Try Palfinger PK 8000
Sure looks like a "P" with the 80 behind it on the boom above the cab. https://www.equipmentfacts.com/list...tions/online/201398711/1995-palfinger-pk8000a The drum that kinda looks like a winch, is actually a spring reel for hydraulic hoses (I think). For if you had a hydraulic auger or grapple/ rotator on the end of the boom, so you could scope in and out. The reel would keep the hoses tight.
djordie, crane operator thanks so much! I didn't know that was a knuckle boom. I think that guy is too big for what I'm looking for. Greatly appreciate the help though.
That ford is almost identical to my truck. Wow. I did a double take. Mine has a cascade knuckle boom on it though. I wonder how complete that Palfinger in the weeds is. Could be all there and fine, or damaged/parts robbed and thats why it was set aside.
That’s probably why it’s so cheap. The auction is next week, and as far as I can tell, nobody’s bid on it yet. Maybe if the guy just spent a few minutes with a weedwacker, it would sell for more. It also looks like there’s a trailer axle piled up there, and some other crap
If its local and goes that cheap you can hardly lose.