Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can anyone see what year my 6nz block is?

Jony5 · 2023-04-19 12:15

Wondering if anyone can see what year my block is from these numbers I believe they are the serial numbers for just the block… want to see if the service records I got are correct saying brand new block Numbers are 1504a ….and below that 1231

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2023-04-19 17:09

    Those are not Part Numbers. Probably something to do with the casting. If it's a genuine Cat part look for a group of 6 letters, or maybe it might be 4, cast into the block somewhere. They will look something like UNRDNR or similar.

  2. #2Jony52023-04-19 17:30

    Ok I’ll take a look tomorrow…thank you

  3. #3Nige2023-04-19 23:29

    This is the sort of thing you're looking for. The letters will be about 1/2" high. You may well find the Part Number of the block in the same area of the casting. There are a few numbers, 222-1976, 234-5997, & 267-4632, and those 3 may not be all the possibilities.