Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can anyone tell what this is.

wlas ยท 2011-11-23 20:24

This is on the stick of my backhoe, I haven't any idea, other than maybe a finger attachment.

Replies7
  1. #1nilzlofgren2011-11-23 22:59

    Most likely for a thumb.

  2. #2morepork tree's2011-11-23 23:10

    thumb

  3. #3wlas2011-11-24 03:23

    I couldn't remember I knew it was something on a hand, A thumb now that would be handy for clearing the trees off the land I have. I wonder if is was a factory attachment.

  4. #4John C.2011-11-24 14:33

    I've seen things like post pounders and augers put on bosses like that. What do you have for extra hydraulics?

  5. #5wlas2011-11-24 16:10

    It doesn't have any extra that I can tell. Apparently at one time there was something attached to the pins welded on the stick, also there is a couple pins further up the stick, which may have been for a ram or something.

  6. #6leisureexpress2011-11-24 16:51

    Here is a picture of a mechanical/fixed thumb:

  7. #7Rockyroad2011-12-08 03:20

    Most likely for a thumb. I made a thumb last year for my Yanmar and highly recommend them - makes cleaning up rubbish, trees, scrub etc so easy.