Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can’t figure out how to install circuit board 1997 580sl

Doug580l ยท 2018-06-30 12:40

I am trying to replace the circuit board for the gauges. It's like a piece of plastic. It appears the the contacts for the gauges have tabs that need to be on the top side of the circuit board, but it's i can't figure out how to do that. The tabs don't bend easily and I don't want to damage anything by most likely doing it wrong. Any tips would be appreciated. I am including a picture of the contacts for the gauges with the circuit board on it and without. Thanks, Doug

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2018-06-30 15:05

    Those "tabs" are contacts fort. the gauges and the lights. they don't bend and shouldn't be bent.

  2. #2Doug580l2018-06-30 15:56

    That's what i was thinking, but how do i get the circuit board contacts under the tabs?

  3. #3catskinner 102018-06-30 18:19

    Remove the screws that hold the bezel on. After the bezel is off you can see the contacts behind each gauge, and carefully push them out. I have also had luck prying them out from the back side but don't bend them. Tom

  4. #4Doug580l2018-06-30 18:52

    Thanks Tom! I got it apart now and see what I need to do. Couldn't find any info in the service manual on this. Thanks, Doug