Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can you change a LPG machine to standard undercarriage?

Toreq ยท 2013-06-02 13:47

I've found a couple LPG machines with run out undercarriage; can I replace all of it with standard undercarriage? I won't be around any rock I'll be pushing dirt and taking tree's to the pile. Should I just go with a cheap or mid range priced undercarriage What brand should I be looking at? Who to buy from?

Replies2
  1. #1Per Eriksson2013-06-02 14:48

    What do you mean by undercarriage? chains, idlers, rollers and pads doesn't differ more than width of pads so in theory you could run smaller pads.

  2. #2sheepfoot2013-06-02 17:13

    You can run a lgp with standard pads, the big thing is the gauge, some lpg machines just have more bottom rollers, others have a different equalizer beam, wider rear shaft beam, off set sprocket depth, and different track frame/ wish bone set up made to it. Have seen several people that switch tracks in this area, taking the lgp pads and chain group off and walking onto a smaller pad set up when the wide pads are not needed. Then some keep them on all the time which is a lot of extra wear and tare in good hard ground. You would spend some money changing the gauge, and would be nicer if it had a inside C frame for the blade that you didn't have to deal with, where as a out side frame is hooked to the track frames. Track pricing is all over the place, and you have to really shop around to get a deal, what size machine?.