I have run into a obstacle where the dealer is scratching his head and two hydraulic services shops said that couldn't help; however, I cannot believe that I would have to buy another pump just because I haven't gotten to the right expert yet that can help me resolve this issue. The dealer looked up the part # to the seal kit that he thought I needed but it is not the correct kit for the smaller pump attached to the main hydraulic pump. My pump model # is PVD-15B-32BP-9AG5-4634H MFG NO. 4400002 T198 and the last number on the smaller P3 & P4 pump number is 9.54.5R292 034-4. My entire hydraulic pump assembly number is : 1902022300. Please see attached pics for seal kit I am looking for.
Sorry I cannot help you with your seal but I will answer your question with a question. The bushing on the left looks wore. Is it? I have often had a pump that worked but was leaking oil. After tear down and inspection I found the shafts, bushings or bearings had excessive side clearance. This allowed the gear to scrub on the pump housing. That generated heat which caused the seal to fail. They can also allow excessive oil ciearance, which can pressurize the shaft seal and blow it.
Do you have any numbers for this pump or what machine is it off of?
What I've seen in the last ten years or so is that gear pumps for the most part aren't worth fixing if the gears have touched the suction side of the pump casing. As Tenwheeler says that bushing looks worn in the photo so if there are marks on the center housing of the case, you can pitch the unit in the scrap barrel. I've also seen where seals are sold per each and kits for the most part are no longer available.
Yes, I listed all the numbers in the post other than the machine itself which is a 2005 Takeuchi TB 135. I only need the seal kit set for the auxiliary pump and no has been able to find the parts numbers....the dealer is scratching his head.
I will take a look at that and see; however, this unit was caught in a fire which dried out the seals and left them brittle....I restored the excavator and all runs good but this leaking pump....I can't even find a part number for this auxillary pump...I'm not giving up.
I will look at that and see.....but I still I am hoping that I can at least get a seal kit and try it. I'm still believing that will fix my leak as this unit went thru a fire and dried out the seals leaving them brittle. Worst case if I could get a part number and buy another auxiliary pump.....hope i don't but just saying, i am down until i can get resolution to this problem.
If ur having this much trouble, why not just make'm?? Super glue the areas that have the bends in the hsg.. I cant believe ur still fighting this thing.. lol.. I know people that give up when the inj. pump needs to be repaired. Lol Happened this week.. I got a buddy that's a field mechanic & he brought me a JD inj. pump from a customer of his.. The pump was seized & the Head & Rotor had to be replaced.. The customer said "he aint spendin no mo' money on it" & sold it to the mechanic for a song & a dance..
lol....you of all people know that I don't give up to easily!!! lol.....I have considered making them out of summer rubber that I have but never considered gluing a brittle seal....lol....i did contemplate making a form and making it outta form-a-gasket tho! lol.....extreme matters cause for extreme solutions....lol.
Is the outer oring a square cut oring?? I have hundreds of square cut orings if u wanna try your hand at making 1 to fit. I WAS gonna call u a cheap azz & tell u to just go buy a pump.. its not like u spent any money on it, up to this point.. Lol
I will check as I don't think it is the outer as much as it is the inner.....they are backed and brittle as you can see in the pic....the other 3/4s is on the other piece....that is the delicate real curvy piece; however, if it comes down to it....I will hit you back up....gonna pressure the dealer again tomorrow to see if they figured it out yet...in the meantime, in have written emails to the manufacturer in Japan for answers too!
as far as the super glue idea.. I watched a video on utube where the guy had a "trick" to set it in seconds... Just sprinkle baby powder on it & it gets ROCK HARD in milliseconds.. its wild.. No more holding it in place & blowing on it while it dries..
lol...seriously? Have you ever tried it? Sounds like something I will try just to see if true!!!
Just looked it up....baking soda and super glue....gonna try it one day just to see.
Any chance of brand name on there?
Now we getting closer to seeing something that looks like my bad seals...it is made by NACHI.
Problem is when I called NACHI, they wouldn't touch it because said the Model PVD is strictly proprietary of Takeuchi. Takeuchi is scratching their heads on this one cause they sent me the wrong kit for my pump.
The shaft seal is probably metric. Look at Harwal Seals
Thx, I just looked them up.
Some of that is just how it goes. Surprised they even acknowledged you. Ask them for a part number you can order from the dealer. Looks like a pretty simple pump. Would thank a pump shop could set you up for about $700- $1,000.
Gotcha, thx.....I have sent many emails and pics and just got a hit back from Japan...fingers crossed as I just gave them the information they were asking for....we shall see! Yes! I hadn't thought about asking them if they could just give me a part number; however, I did write the a Nachi engineer about an hour ago explaining my situation and couldn't believe no one has the answer to this simple issue...not even the dealer. Looking for positive things to happen this week!
Hell, I have used a oring the right thickness to replace those seals. It doesn't HAVE to be square, even though that would be preferred.
Seals that look like yours are in every Casappa and Permco gear motor/ pump that I've ever resealed. The weird ones, that you need, are shaped like the number 3.
Yes!!!! the ones that look like a 3 are the ones I need. So, can I order from the company direct that sales these Casappa or Permco gear motors?
I found the website and may take a gamble as there are several seal kits to choose from I see....but we are getting closer!!!
Good Morning Heymccall, I cannot believe the roadblocks to find a seal kit. I just went on the website you show and it says cannot deliver to your location....I am perplexed and at a lost for words. I have done extensive research to find the part number for this gear pump which the dealer couldn't even find and help me. I have been in contact with my Takeuchi supplier in Japan where the pump is made by Shimadzu and they can't help me....this is unreal but I am not giving up yet. I finally gave the dealer the part number that I found and they can sell me the gear pump for $1300 but cannot find me a $30 seal kit. This is unreal to me! How are you able to get delivery from the website you list? I am still trying!
I just emailed Harwal seals to see if they can help me because I have run into a dead end locating the manufacturer of this seal kit. I have managed to find the actual manufacturer of the gear pump in Japan but it dead ends there. I would even mail Harwal the pump and let them take all the measurements and make them if they can....thanks for the lead as I'm following it.
First, I've never used that site. They just had the best pictures. My Allied & NPK vibratory plate compactors are all powered by Casappa or Permco hydraulic gear motors, which, in this case, is the same as a gear pump. For these motors, it is easiest to get the seals from Allied or NPK as their Permco & Casappa motors don't have Permco or Casappa numbers on them. I haven't seen where you are on this planet, but, for that gear pump, have you tried any hydraulic repair shops? For obscure and close, I like West Penn Hydraulics here in Johnstown, PA. For a bigger shop, I use Central Hydraulics here in East Freedom, PA (south of Altoona). I use both shops very little, so I can not provide a contact name for either. I almost can't wonder if alliedsealsinc . com here in Johnstown can't help?
Hydraulicrepair. net shows Metaris seals on their line card.
I'm down here in Southern VA and have tried two recommended hydraulic shops in disbelief that they couldn't help. I will try this website you list. thx...will keep you posted.
Well Hydraulic Repair came on the net and said, sorry, I can't help you....lol. I'm still not throwing in the towel! lol.