Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Carbide rotary burr kit

nickbowers ยท 2015-03-18 05:49

Hi All, Im after a Burr kit, i can get a good set or i can get a cheap one. I only use them a couple times a year. Any opinions of these two? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10Pcs-Mi...79?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1c40798fcb or https://sydneytools.com.au/xtorque-xtcrb5-5-pce-carbide-rotary-burr-kit Cheers, Nick

Replies7
  1. #1Hardline2015-03-18 07:45

    I have no experience with that kit. I have two carbide burrs. They were purchased off of the tool truck years ago and have been used and abused. They still work! But each one was more then that whole kit. I bought a set of drills and harbor freight once. They would not drill the first hole. Lol complete waste of money.

  2. #2fergy2015-03-18 08:04

    Have brought gear off Sydney tools before and had minor problems and they more than fixed the problem Have also brought cheap burrs before and had good and bad experiences What is a good quality set worth? If you buy s##t 3 times it will still be s##t If you buy one good set at the rate you think you will use them they should last you a lift time You can buy good ones separately so if you buy one every three months in a years time you will have all you need

  3. #3nickbowers2015-03-18 08:56

    Thanks for the replies. I've brought plenty of stuff off Sydney tools and they are pretty good. I guess my question was more is it worth paying $100 for something I can get for $15 from China. I think you's have answered it and I'll just buy a more expensive kit. Cheers, Nick

  4. #4Hardline2015-03-18 09:07

    If the quality was the same I would probably say of corse not. Just don't think the quality would be comparable. After thinking about it more, Without me having experience with the kit you posted I am pretty much not qUlified to answer your question. lol bump for maybe someone that has used one of these kits.

  5. #5rmllarue912015-03-18 15:14

    I bought a used snap on set in like new condition i buy individuals from napa and bought specialty ones off ebay and the only difference I can tell is the price. for what its worth

  6. #6JD955SC2015-03-19 23:36

    Buy decent burrs but don't rush out and buy a set- pricey for what you get IMHO, especially if you don't really need the entire set. Hit up the industrial suppliers in your area. Over here in the States we can get quality burs made in the US for $20-30 each. For drill bits, burrs, taps and dies, I always buy from the same places the machine shops and such buy from because it's tends to be a lot more cost effective than going onto the tool truck and getting what limited selection they have.

  7. #7nickbowers2015-03-26 05:32

    I ended up getting two for $40 each, they are P&N not sure if you have them over in the states. The drill bits are really good so im hoping they are too