Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

carburetor

raejay · 2018-05-01 19:59

looking for a carb kit or new carb for 642B bobcat with a Mitsubishi 4G32 engine. It is a solex Carb by Mikuni corp., not much help from dealer, very limited in what's available for this carb.

Replies15
  1. #1Ronsii2018-05-01 20:31

    Got any pics? there are usually casting numbers on the parts in a few places.

  2. #2Tenwheeler2018-05-01 21:26

    Try carburetor specialists in the Atlanta area. I repaired an old Cat forklift, made in Japan, with a Solex. The operator had over adjusted it with a hammer. Dealer said it is $1300. Pay cash in advance and we will order it. No guaranteed delivery date but don't expect it before a month. Found one for VW bug that was very similar. One linkage pulled and the other pushed but changed that at a Z swivel on the machine. Orientation of the mounting flange was different. Made an adaptor out of a 12 point socket. Cut the square drive part off and brazed a two bolt flange on each side. They both had same odd air intake connection. It ran great. That was about 12 years ago. Hope you find something simpler.

  3. #3raejay2018-05-02 00:40
  4. #4raejay2018-05-02 00:42

    no real casting numbers, only this and solex mikuni corp japan

  5. #5DIYDAVE2018-05-02 06:28

    Have ya tried fleabay, or google?

  6. #6Ronsii2018-05-02 09:11

    hard to tell from your pic... is this similar to your carb?

  7. #7raejay2018-05-03 22:50

    yes very similar,is it a 4 bolt flange?

  8. #8Mjfender2020-04-05 08:32

    Rons I—thanks for responding—I need a carburetor of kit to match the exact picture you sent above on this thread.

  9. #9Mjfender2020-04-05 08:33

    Ronsii—sorry

  10. #10Mjfender2020-04-05 08:35

    One more time-spell check is killing me—I need a replacement carburetor or a kit to match the picture you sent above on May 2, 2018

  11. #11brdgbldr2022-08-25 17:27

    I have a brand new carburetor, still in the plastic, if you are still looking.

  12. #12heymccall2022-08-25 20:09

    https://www.skidsteerforum.com/threads/742b-642b-carburator-kit-info-fyi.76180/

  13. #13Robert Mann2022-12-10 17:46

    I would be very interested in that carburetor if you still have it.

  14. #14brdgbldr2022-12-10 20:50

    Sold it a month ago.

  15. #15OzDozer2022-12-10 22:47

    Thailand is still producing new carburetors for the Mitsubishi 4G32 engine. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/266007612945