Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150B fan

Volvomad ยท 2011-07-14 09:57

We have 2 1150Bs at home running like sewing machines. Got engine kit in from USA for one of them for reasonable money. That one starts first pic now. Just not much dozer work here now. Is there any more 1150B fans out there. A few pictures would be nice.

Replies8
  1. #1AU.CASE2011-07-15 05:36

    Hi VM, yes they would be great machines, what year are they made your "B's?" I guess the "D" (1986) is similar, control tower dual levers per side and forward / reverse? Do you have a power clutched L/H lever or is it dog clutched // geared? Way ahead in there time don't you agree? The "B" would have the transmission heat exchanger in the base of the radiator, the "D" has a radiator on the right hand site (from operator's perspective) which is filled with TCH, or what I use in Australia, Mobil 424. Would like to see some pictures!

  2. #2bwmwaima2011-07-15 06:12

    Drove a 1150C with root rake , tree arm and rippers in Western Austraila back in the early eighties, good machine for the farm land clearing we were doing, also had a 1450B, mainly used for building dams.

  3. #3RayF2011-07-15 07:52

    I operated a 1150B loader in Melbourne in the late 70's.4 in 1 bucket.Very fast loader when loading trucks out of a stockpile with those counter rotating tracks

  4. #4AU.CASE2011-07-15 23:58

    Yes they are, the tree pusher is essential, I keep it on most times, except when its only earthwork as it is heavy on the idlers, a must have for fire fighting. They would be on triple bar tracks, I sometimes use the contra-rotation when on hard surfaces, if the season is reasonable it tends to dig a bit of a mushroom otherwise. Better get back organising some regrowth and firewood this morning in the 'Station House paddock' doesn't often occur that I went to the bowser during the job to refill at 10:15. :cool2 This little guy below is a "Swamp Wallaby" that has taken a liking to our chook food, so 'the boss' has had to buy a bag of lucerne 'roo pellets for his 'elevenses' every day, he has become really quiet now. This is a fully grown 'buck' and we have three other types of Macropod on the Station.

  5. #5Volvomad2011-07-18 16:22

    I like the pics of the D model and from them can say the powershift levers,pedals,handbrake,main hydraulic lever and dash are identical to the B models that were made in the early to mid 70's as far as I know. Just imagine the track and blade control for back then. I like to steer the machine mostly by selecting different track speeds or leaving one side in neutral momentarely. I reckon it cuts down on undercarrige and ground stress and its fun. Next time I get some work I will take some pictures and post them. Have the D models got a big castiron nose weight? Remowing this from the B made them livelier especially on soft ground. Made steel guards instead.

  6. #6AU.CASE2011-07-19 05:21

    Hi Volvomad, the D doesn't have a counterweight, although I have just had a snout in the service and parts book and the R41701 544Kg Dozer counterweight is an option - yikes glad it is not there, only a four bolt belly plate behind a fitted skid plate which is part of the main R50611 FRAME and it's front 71671 draw hook. I'd guess you get a fair bit of soft ground! Over here with climate change the place is like the hobbs of... most of the time, only last year we had above average rain (56" twice normal and a record at that) needless to say their wasn't a lot of dozing that could be done. Mine is back outside the workshop for a basic maintain, air filter clean, pressure wash, grease and into the machinery shed whilst we shear our sheep into September! They are a magnificent machine, really capable and fast, anyone who sees them work is impressed. Since we bought this one in December 1997, I fixed every leak, broken bolt and bit of abuse it had as ex Forestry // private contractor. It took about three months of pretty hard work and about five to six thousand dollars in parts, since then we have had oil changes, filters and one blown hydraulic hose - just the best. Will look forward to your photo's.

  7. #7sheepfoot2011-07-19 21:00

    Hi Volvomad, There was a lot of 1150B's in my area at one time, still see one every now and again working on a farm, more seen is the c's and up still working hard, the c's changed with the new type equalizer and as the B's got older most owners welded up the equalizer/torsion bars/levelers and ran them to they quit. the 1150 is a good size machine, easy to move and good power to weight, smart any easy to grade with, glad to hear your still running strong with them.

  8. #8Yellowirondude2011-09-09 19:49

    Heyya Volvomad; havent used a B before but learned finish work on a E model. Uncle Sam likes to keep them around as they are still the current finish dozer/air deliverable dozer for the Marine Corps. Keep up running that nice iron. Regards, YID