Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DAB rod bearings question for a Case 450B Crawler

woodstock1 ยท 2011-07-14 18:54

I have a 1978-79?? 450b Case dozer....doing an in frame but can find reference to the DAB rod bearings....the part # is like a case # but the current part numbers don't start till A-50975....I need some help here.... The number one rod is dated 11-78.....two and three are dated 5-80....and number four dated 4-81....the part numbers on cyl's 1-3 is A-50973...????..cant find that case part number anywhere....and the #4 cylinder is a P/N A-50974....checking the #4 rod journal with digital dial calipers it seems to be about .005 smaller than the other three......figure that one out....who would do that??...... I need to find some reference to these DAB part numbers so I can tell which rod bearings I need....or at least I need to know what the standard rod journal size was for the 207D.... again.....HELP!

Replies1
  1. #1woodstock12011-07-15 15:16

    Never mind....after finding out what the rod journal size was and precise measurement of my crank (with a mic)...the A-50973 bearings are .020 oversized and the A-50974 bearing is .030...... The rod journals on a 207D are 2.2480-2.2490 The Main Journals are 2.8730-2.8740