Anyone ever replaced the drive belt on the case 1737? I got the rear pulley free to put the belt over it, but can fit the new belt under the lower drive pulley? Any help is appreciated.
Sorry, I cant get the new belt under the pulley on the drive. Not enough space between the pulley and frame to slide it in.
Are you saying the belt protrudes above the pulley? How much clearance is there between the pulley and frame? Do you think anything could have shifted or rubber mounts have compressed over the years and that's why the clearance is so minimal? Or maybe the belt is the wrong thickness and rides too high. Just thinking out loud here...
I got the belt on finally, loosened gearbox enough to be able to lift it and slide belt under. Belt is installed but seems to be at a slight angle??? Is there any adjustment for this.
Picture
I'd bet that the top pulley can be moved, the pulleys should line up exactly straight, take a string or straightedge, and use to align...
case 1737 Hey have you got your skid steer fixed
Yes, although not a fun job. There was 2 set screws under the spring on the shaft. Was able to move top pulley to the right and get everything aligned.