Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1835 skid steer steering?

texas ยท 2012-12-09 18:41

The right side steering will not go forward, but will go backwards. I have moved the high pressure relief valves around and that did not change anything. Both drive motors are new. The hydraulic lift on the bucket seems to be fine. Does anybody have a idea as to what is causing this? Thanks for any help!

Replies4
  1. #1mikebramel2012-12-10 20:57

    Is this mechanical or pilot controls, aka can you see the pump stroking all the way on weak side forward

  2. #2texas2012-12-11 16:30

    Mechanical, I can see the handle pushing the pump arm. Its a 1985 model if that helps. I have been told to switch the hydraulic lines with the motor on the left side and see if it still does it. Does that sound right?

  3. #3texas2012-12-12 18:22

    Well, I switched the lines and found out the variable displacement pump is shot. I also found out that case doesn't have new parts for this unit, Does anybody have a idea where to get a rebuilt pump or used pump for this loader?

  4. #4mikebramel2012-12-14 19:18

    I wouldnt buy the parts from Case. Take the pump out and take it to a hydraulics shop. Or you can order the parts right off the tag, if its still on there.