How many is too many hours when buying a used machine? I am looking at a used bobcat t300 with 3200 hours and they want 25k for it. It has cab with ad joystick controls.
High houred track machines add a whole additional level of concern (drive motors are about $7K). Even if that machine was in excellent condition I cant see it being worth 25K.
what was it used for one of my friends has 3 or 4 skdsteers on the farm and one of them only turns off for a oil change but they milk 24/7 so they are always scraping the walk with it.
What is a good amount of hours to buy a used tracked machine at? I would rather buy new but can't justify the cost when I will probally only put 200 to 300 hours a year.
The customer that I have that buys several a year likes to get them between 600 to1500 hours. Usually tries to keep them to 4000.
Is there a blue book for equipment so I can get a base price on some units I am looking at. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Look on machinerytrader.com compare machines equipped the same and with the same hours. 25k is too much for that machine.
t300 w 3200 hrs and joystick controls? for 25K? i'd run far and fast :drinkup
That is what I was thinking
I have heard 6000 hours as a rough life expectancy for bobcat skid steers, but I would add that 1000 hours concrete busting is way worse than 3000 hours cleaning horse stalls! This particular machine is overpriced IMHO. Before I buy or sell I run through the adds in machinerytrader.com equipmenttraderonline.com and craigslist.com to see what comparable gear is selling for. Prices vary by season - I find that skid steers bring more money to sellers leading into snow season because a lot of them get parked at sites waiting for snow. In the spring the gear floods back on the market driving prices lower.
We have 10 Bobcat Skid steers. All of which were purchased brand new....One of our S300's has done 4800 Hours and can't justify getting rid of it just yet as it still operates like a new one. As long as there is some sort of evidence of regular Maintenance/servicing i would still consider a second hand machine with that amount of Hours...The only things that are a problem with older bobcat machines are old perished hoses. The kubota Motors are fantastic.