Ok.....I have the TMD20 motor rebuilt and in the skid steer. I have put in ne fuel filter, fresh fuel, new fuel lines. I pulled the drain plug out of the fuel filter that is on the top/side, got fuel there. Tightened it back up. Cracked line loose before the injection pump, got fuel there. Tightened that back up. Now......I cracked the line loose at the injection pump that runs up to the injector, NO fuel. I did all this just off of the electric fuel pump. After I realized I didn't have any fuel coming out of the injection pump with just the electric fuel pump, I put in a fresh battery and started cranking on it. Still no fuel. Now I must tell you that he wiring is a bit sketchy. But the only wire that has anything to do with the fuel system is the 2 wires that run from the fuel pump. On is the ground and the other bolts to the top of the injection pump for the fuel shut-off. Right? Now, for there to be power to the fuel pup I found a wire that is hot while the key on. I hooked this wire to the shut off wire so the fuel pump would could work. Is this correct? I own all the manuals for this Case 1835c Machine and there is only one wire hooked to the injection pump. So how is the electric fuel pump supposed to get power without the positive wire? Any input is greatly appreciated.
You need a power wire from ignition(key on) to the fuel injection pump which will open your fuel shutoff solenoid. You will also need a ignition (key on) for your electric fuel pump . You should be able to hear or feel your fuel pump running when the key is turned on. Most electric supply pumps have 2 wires, 1 hot and 1 ground. With your key on, providing your supply pump is working, you should have a good supply of fuel flowing through your filters all the way to your injector pump.
WE/he rebuilt his pump via text book & {50}emails, LOL.. all runs good now.. He had Flex ring & varnish problems.. Flex ring had broken up & pumping plungers were stuck..
Just another example of why if someone starts a topic it is very important to come back and give the solution to the problem. Or at least come back and say "I'm working on it with Joe and I'll let you know what we find out." I think these forums should not just be a place to get free advice to solve ones problems but to build up a body of knowledge for others to learn from. If one thing pisses me off it is giving advice or doing research on a problem then never hearing what the results were. It almost makes me hesitate to give advice to someone who has only one or two posts, I have a feeling they are just here to take and not going to stay around to help the next person.
Well Dammit! LOL
Yeah I understand that. I know myself, Ill have so many things going at once that I forget to conclude posts at times.
As said to me by a VERY ANGRY MAN in black robes>> "ignorance of the LAW is no excuse"... Me>> "UUMMM.. YES IT IS.. I DIDNT go to school for 7 years to memorize all of them, like YOU DID".. Lets just say> THAT answer didn't go over very well either.. Lol