Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 Hydraulic Temp switch location

Cajun1986 ยท 2014-10-22 21:57

I can't find the Hydraulic Temp switch. I've had this thing apart for the rebuild but just can't seem to locate where this temp switch can be. Due to the state of the wiring, I am rewiring this thing from scratch. Don't know why this picture comes out sideways either !

Replies3
  1. #1BillG2014-10-23 18:05

    I can't swear to the 1840 but the others that I have worked on were in the fitting at the filter head.

  2. #2sims2014-10-24 08:12

    Cajun; I asked the same question as you awhile back for my 1845c. I eventually found the temp switch by accident. I was rooting around beneath the tandem pump looking for something I dropped and spied the switch installed on a manifold/tee there (disconnected of course). Maybe the 1840 is the same. Dunno. I have never seen the switch depicted on any parts diagram or hydraulic schematic but I found mine there. I was going to install a generic temp switch to the plug in the filter head. I have found the temp switch wire dangling inside the chassis. I may wire them in series just for grins. SimS

  3. #3Cajun19862014-10-26 22:28

    Still can't find this temp switch. All I see is the two reverse switches.