Hello all: I have a case 1840 (older model with the side access ports) for years I have had a lack of drive speed on the left side in forward mode only. I have adjusted the link travel a few times with no change. When using the machine to plow snow it seems to run fine at temps below 30F outside and I do notice some loss of speed after 2 hours. Yesterday when the temp was 90F+ I fired up the machine and only had a top speed of 2 mph max forward with a slight whining sound almost like the brake was on but on a hill the machine still coasted normal till the brakes engaged (as normal) but I had full speed in reverse and no whine. As I have said this has been on going for while but yesterday was the 1st time I had such a lack of speed. The 1840 has 2700 hours on it. When I bought the machine 10 years ago it had 1600 hours on it. I change the hydraulic fluid and filter every fall. Now I also have a small oil leak some place (hydraulic fluid) I can not find it and I might loose 1-1 1/2 quart(s) per year and it has had this loss from day 1.
No replies yet.