last time I used it there was no problems. This morning I started it to move it and the temp light was on from a cold start. The manual doesn't show or list the exact location only the area of the left rear. I'm assuming it's the sensor I see on the head right next to the upper radiator hose connection. I believe this is a normally open switch that closes at about 220 degrees. If so, simply disconnecting the wire should confirm if the switch is bad or not? Having trouble even touching it without taking stuff apart. The wire is on with a strait blade screw. Probably the original so I'm going to spray it with penetrating fluid and let it sit for a while.
I think you found it. Unplug it and see what happens. But if the wire has grounded to the frame, then the light will still be on and the sender should be good. So, keep checking.
bend the wire connector on sender up . washing machine or wet conditions it would conduct ground to out side housing of send and would short.
Well it's the sensor. Disconnected the wire and the light and buzzer went off. Might try NAPA to see if they can match it by specification or make and model. Think it is just a 1/2" 14 pipe thread.
I tried a quick search for the part. I found one that fits a 1835 and a 1845, Doesn't say anything about a 1840. I think the 1845 and 1840 use the same engine and electrical system. Is it safe to assume that is the correct switch?
That sender works on several skid steers from 1835C's up through 1845C's, graders and dozers. You will be fine.
It's ordered should be here by Saturday.
New switch arrived. I installed it, turned the key on. No light. Thought I was good to go, NOT. After starting it up, initially the light was off. As soon as it started warming up, the light started to dimly glow, getting brighter as it warmed up. Guessing I was sent a sensor for a gauge and not a light.
I found the Case part number 1983238C1. The number is actually stamped on the old switch. When I look it up, I can find it from Case and a few other equipment dealers but they want $160.00 for it. In looking at just the spec's, I could put a switch from a 1958 Pontiac for $17.00 or a 1970 Chev Impala for $26.00. I think I know which way I'll go