Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help installing wired GPS to Takeuchi TL12R

miguel.mendiolajr ยท 2025-02-20 18:31

Hello all I need help figuring out the best way to hook a gps to a Takeuchi TL12R2. I have tried hooking this up directly to the ignition switch. It would work for a while but eventually the gps wont track. I have contacted our gps seller, but they are saying more than likely is the location of where it is hooked up. Would it be better if I hook up directly to the battery? My only thing is if I do that where can I find an ignition cable? Could I try hooking up behind the screen? What color cables should I be looking out for? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies5
  1. #1CM19952025-02-20 19:03

    Welcome to the Forums MM! Glad to have you. Is this GPS a location tracker/ant-theft device or GPS for grading?

  2. #2miguel.mendiolajr2025-02-21 09:35

    This is a Location tracker

  3. #3ozarkag2025-02-21 18:08

    If they are saying location I'm guesing the unit needs a "clear view of the sky". Can't bury them too deep or they lose signal. Fuse, relay, or switch panel area will have ignition switched power.

  4. #4miguel.mendiolajr2025-02-21 18:18

    Do you know the color code of the constant and Ignition cables under the dashboard?

  5. #5ozarkag2025-02-21 19:05

    Sorry, do not. I must confess to not quite understand Taki wiring. . .