Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 1840 Wiring Schematic

Cajun1986 ยท 2013-12-27 18:11

Bought a Case 1840 with burned cab area. Need to rewire and although Maintenance Manual does have part numbers and pictures of harness components, I don't have a wiring schematic. Any idea where I could get such a wining drawing?

Replies12
  1. #1Tuck662019-03-30 01:00

    Hey Cajun..did you ever find wiring diagram? I'm really looking for 1 also. Many thks Sir

  2. #2btodd2302019-04-01 10:28
  3. #3Tuck662019-04-01 10:36

    Oh ya...Ur awesome!

  4. #4kshansen2019-04-01 10:37

    Just a word of caution, check the lower right corner of that diagram as it shows the S/N range for that diagram. Not sure if anyone has a newer version.

  5. #5Tuck662019-04-01 10:56

    Gr8 eye mang! I did see too right has before and after...I'm hearing I have 1997?...JAFO160233.. Cant thk all you guys enough..so gr8 all your help

  6. #6Chris Zeiner2019-07-27 11:48

    Any chance anyone has this skematic for a late model 1840 ( model jaf0223014 and after) I'm trying to chase down some electrical gremlins on our used machine and it's been chopped up a bit from previous owners. TIA.

  7. #7Tuck662019-07-27 15:49

    Hey Chris..welcome to gr8 place..lots smart ppl here..try this file..top right corner has info to view years +/-.. I now have both complete paper manuals for the 1840 also..I can take pic and email ya if ya need..

  8. #8Chris Zeiner2019-07-28 11:50

    Thanks! But unfortunately this one isn't the same as my 1840. Mine has 3 relays and 4 fuses under the operator seat. I believe my machine is a model year 2000 or 2001.

  9. #9Tuck662019-07-28 12:09

    Hmmm? Sorri bud..wonder what relays are for? You have come to right place..some smart dude will find and share the info. When I rewired mine, I added Negative side nite switch & extra kill switch on the fuel solenoid. Plus fire extinguisher.Also left future power feed in cab for 6" fan, a heater & tunes some day.lil machine is work horse, either hot , or cold sittin in that cab..good luck on your wire diagram search.Case also has wonderful part site with lots info I will look for the link.i have seen diagrams there also.

  10. #10Chris Zeiner2019-07-28 12:27

    Yeah it's goofy. This thing has all the filter sensors and whatnot. I have the parts breakout sheet but it doesn't say what fuse or relay is for what.

  11. #11Tuck662019-07-28 12:30

    Curious how far away is your case dealer..maybe they can also share some printed wisdom

  12. #12Chris Zeiner2019-07-28 12:35

    That'll be my call tomorrow morning for sure. Thanks again! Other than this little annoyance the 1840 is a champ.