Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stupid curl control question on case 1845c

edwin dirnbeck · 2013-12-26 23:45

This year 2013 ,I have bought and restored a1994 case 1845c.This is for my own personal use ,no one else will use it.It has hand controls.The right hand lever controls the bucket curl.When I pivot it down the bucket curls up ,when I pivot it down the bucket curls up .To me this is backward, dangerous , and stupid. The owners manual says this is the way they made it.Do all machines work like this and if so why.Also does anyone know of any problems that wil occur when I change this .I presume That I can just switch the hoses at the control valve. But I will do whatever I must to fix this. Thank you ,Edwin

Replies10
  1. #1willie592013-12-27 00:02

    Welcome to HEF edwin dirnbeck. :drinkup The text in your post is a bit confusing, did you mean to say "when I pivot it down the bucket curls up, but when I pivot it up the bucket curls down", or something totally different???

  2. #2Nelsonequip2013-12-27 00:14

    If I understand you correctly....that is correct operation on a 1845c and to me it's normal, if you think that's odd you should operate some of these newer skid loaders then you'll be cross eyed that being said I would just get used to it and leave it alone :IMO

  3. #3edwin dirnbeck2013-12-27 09:36

    Pivot down curls up ,pivot up curls down Thank you for correcting my text. I had a bit to much to eat and drink. I type so poorly and am allways looking for typing errors and often type the wrong thing. So back to the question ,can anyone explain the thinking on this? By the way ,the left hand controls the bucket arms and it works correctly,Pivot up, arms go up ,pivot down, arms go down.Edwin

  4. #4heymccall2013-12-27 09:38

    Do whatever you must, BUT, all my skidsteer and track loaders and wheel loaders are the same as your 1845. RH control toward operator = carry...RH control away from operator = dump.

  5. #5apm2013-12-27 14:59

    I had an 1845B that was the same way. I also found it awkward and backwards. I just switched the hoses at the cylinder, didn't even need to go to the control valve. It has now worked the way I prefer it for many hours Greg

  6. #6frogfarmer2013-12-27 16:34

    Just switch the flow by moving a couple of hoses. The valve operates the same in both directions. I have been in these machines that were set up both ways it is operator preference and Im with you I like the up is up and down is down approach.

  7. #7thehemikid2013-12-27 16:38

    They may have been looking at the over all view right=down & left=up no matter which control lever. But I do agree that when I've been away from the skid for a while, down for down comes naturally, & I have to rethink the "right=down" on the bucket lever. "Switching the hoses at the cylinders", I'll look at that.

  8. #8CRAFT2013-12-27 20:49

    *** ???? …… I'm still kinda confused as to your re-explanation ??? …….. Your left hand control (modifying your terminology) …. pivot-right the boom goes down ….. pivot-left boom goes up …. That is normal in any world for a loader Your right hand control is also normal if i'm understanding your terminology …. you pivot left to curl the bucket in (load the bucket) … you pivot the lever left to curl out (to dump your bucket) …… that is totally normal on ANY Loader and even an Excavator …. Mini or Full Sized for the right hand Joy-stick …… If i'm reading into what you tried to explain is that what you meant ???? …….. CHEERS !!! …..Ohhhh !!! … you were already there …. LOL …..Well "CHEERS AGAIN" !!! ….. Hope you have/had a great one !!!

  9. #9heymccall2013-12-27 21:21

    Again, it's normal. Toward is carry and away is dump, on everything

  10. #10OCR2013-12-27 21:46

    Lol... R̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ Correct???... OCR