Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C, rebuilt my tilt cylinders and now my bucket drifts down

psu927 · 2022-03-21 21:11

I am guessing I messed up the packing on one of the cylinders, as I didn't have the problem before. (I rebuild do do my wiper seals leaking). Now my bucket tilts down. I can lift the front of the machine off of the ground, and it holds just fine. How can I figure out which side I messed up?

Replies2
  1. #1Bloody Knuckles2022-03-22 05:18

    I would double check that all the air is out of the lines. If that's doesn't help then pull the pins on the shaft side of the cylinders at the quick attach and see which one is drifting. Just my .02

  2. #2ahart2022-03-24 19:04

    Good way to check hyd cylinders is take both lines off with no load on cylinder, use shop air to pressure one port and see if air comes out the other port. If it won’t hold 150 psi of air, it won’t hold 2000 psi of oil.