Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c skid steer

Jeff daise ยท 2015-07-08 10:14

How do you remove the drive shaft between the engine and the hydraulic pump . It is starting to get loose . Will soon have to replace u jt.

Replies2
  1. #1kshansen2015-07-08 12:42

    Been a few years since I got that deep in to the one where I worked, but think about the only options are to remove one or the other. May be possible to leave at least somethings connected to the pump and pull it forward enough to get the shaft out. Anyone else been into one of these lately?

  2. #2lantraxco2015-07-08 18:54

    I've never done a Case, but I was able to change out the coupler on a Mustang years ago by disconnecting the linkage, unbolting the pumps and with the aid of a comealong stretch the hoses enough for the pump spline to slip out. Only need a couple inches at most.