Some of you guys get to do this every day so these pics are not a big deal. But it was fun for a rookie and my little Skat Trak to work with the pros. Cleared trees and stumps for house and septic system on a NC mountain lot. Used the ripper attachment on the skid steer's backhoe. It worked great to haul logs and stumps to the road. There is one stump and one big log that I'll have to drag. Everything else I could carry. Sorry some of the pics came up sideways.
Awww shoot...here I was hoping for some pix of bikini clad babes perched over some skid loaders..... Seriously, the pic's are nice. How does that claw keep from getting twisted as you drag the logs ?
Glad you liked the pics. You are right on. Dragging a log would end up breaking the ripper. You can pick everything up. I'll end up dragging the big log and stump with the logging chain. Now I would not hesitate to tug on the end of the chain if needed. The problem you have is that it works so darn well that you keep grabbing longer and longer trees. If you can grab the whole tree you don't have to get out of the skid and fire up the chain saw! And that's when you snag a tree and snap the tooth off. I did get a grapple rake, but I figured I'd be safer using the ripper so it would be easy to tell if load is balanced. The backhoe came with a 3 accessory bundle. The ripper was an afterthought but I end up using it a lot.
Glad you liked the pics. You are right on. Dragging a log would end up breaking the ripper. You can pick everything up. I'll end up dragging the big log and stump with the logging chain. Now I would not hesitate to tug on the end of the chain if needed. The problem you have is that it works so darn well that you keep grabbing longer and longer trees. If you can grab the whole tree you don't have to get out of the skid and fire up the chain saw! And that's when you snag a tree and snap the tooth off. I did get a grapple rake, but I figured I'd be safer using the ripper so it would be easy to tell if load is balanced. The backhoe came with a 3 accessory bundle. The ripper was an afterthought but I end up using it a lot. View attachment 137629 View attachment 137630
THIS is REAL Skid Steer porn!
You should get an award for those pics. How is the machine and the driver doing after that adventure?
Driver feels really stupid, we have the best skid steer mechanic on the planet & he had her going in 5 minutes once she was drug upright. Didn't even scratch the paint!
Well, that would be, "Bunny Skid Steer" which you can find on Youtube.