Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 207d rocker arms and shafts.

HoeHoeHoe · 2025-06-20 10:59

Does anyone know of a source for good rocker arms and shafts? I called broken tractor and they don't have any. I could probably fix the shafts, but I'm not sure there's enough material in the rockers to go to a bushing? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2025-06-20 12:30

    They aren't worth the time and expense to repair. There should be a lot of them in salvage yards. What happened ? Were the rocker arms removed in the past and the someone didn't put the drilled bracket-bolt in the proper position ? It goes in the rear. That is how oil gets to the rocker arms.

  2. #2HoeHoeHoe2025-06-20 12:45

    Either the chrome flaked off the shafts or it was starved of oil. The hole at the block / head passage was obstructed by the gasket blocking half the hole. Upon further digging I can make the shafts new cheap enough. I'm a toolamker by trade. Its the rockers that are the hard problem to solve

  3. #3Vetech632025-06-20 13:52

    I don’t know why you couldn’t drill those oversized a bit and install a bushing.

  4. #4HoeHoeHoe2025-06-20 14:47

    Yeah, I'm going to talk to the engine shop and see what they think. Right now there's 1/8/wall thickness at the thinnest part. Not sure how much bigger I can safely go. I can ream them out press bushings in and hone myself. Some of the rocker arm tips at the valve stem have good wear too.

  5. #5Tinkerer2025-06-20 15:24

    If the hollow bolt was in the correct position, I would be looking down the hole it is supposed to be and check that the oil hole in the camshaft bearing is lined up with the oil gallery that said bolt screws into. http://hagantractorparts.com/engineparts.htm

  6. #6HoeHoeHoe2025-06-20 15:34

    There was oil getting up the top of the head, the correct bolt was in position. Reason for head removal is oil getting past the valve guides. Thank you for the reman site!

  7. #7mg23612025-06-21 06:47

    On Deere's, I replace the shafts and just run a brake cylinder hone through the rockers to take the high spots off. Never had an issue. Should work for you.