Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 407 water pump impeller

MikeC1962 · 2025-06-20 15:08

Trying to help the farmer out next door again ... He has a 2016 JCB 407 wheel loader S/N 2092503. It has the Kholer engine in it (meaning the water pump is inside a housing ... there are a few different ones out there). From what I can tell (just a quick Google search, I don't have any manuals) I found this: ED0065845380-S } WATER PUMP - Replaced by ED0065845690-S​ The impeller in the water pump is plastic and has a nut cast into it. It has broken in two pieces. He says he just put the pump on 2 months ago .. bearings in the old one died. He says he flushed it out but maybe there was pieces of impeller from the old one left inside and killed this one. Anyway .... almost $1500 for the pump from the dealer and they do not sell just the impeller. Does anyone know where I can find just the impeller? If not, what is the "best" replacement? I them directly from Italy on Ebay ... $450 plus $125 shipping plus tariff. From China $300 plus $100 shipping plus tariff. Found a few here in the States ... $650 plus shipping. I put up a couple pictures of the impeller ... and one I got off the web of the pump. Just trying to help in out ... again. Thanks so much .... Mike

Replies4
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-06-20 15:19

    I might check all the Graingers/McMasters/parts suppliers and see if you could find a brass or aluminum one that could be reworked on a lathe a bit. Myself, I have a couple of old Kubota water pumps, that I could probably make work.

  2. #2Universal Parts2025-06-23 05:22

    Provide the diameter and the middle shaft hole, buy a universal one, if you are interested, please contact me,

  3. #3MikeC19622025-06-23 07:32

    Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look around. I did notice the Chinese copy does have an aluminum impeller. If I can't find anything, I will give you a yell and see what you have that may work. Just FYI ... I am a machinist, not a mechanic but I always try to help the neighbors. Just a few old farmers trying to hang on ... I never charge them. This comes from the dairy farm next door ... last one in our area. I think someone said there was 15 of them at one time. Thanks so much .... Mike Fantastic. I am sure I will see him today or tomorrow. If he didn't buy a pump yet, I will ask him to bring the old impeller over and measure it. Thanks so much !!!

  4. #4HarleyHappy2025-06-23 08:49

    Same boat, if you can’t help a farmer in need, you may need to reflect on your life. I had a dairy farm literally 100 yards from where I sit at the moment, that I helped out at when I was growing up. There are hardly any left around here. Sad to see.