Hello I'm obviously a newbie. I'm looking at a case 310 dozer. It is a gas. Has a 2 way blade. I talked to the guy and he said the under carriage is about 50%. From the reading I've done the under carriage can get expensive. Anyone have any thoughts on these machines? I'm trying to keep from having to my a 26k trailer and a dually right off the bat. I'm wanting to use it for small brush clearing and driveway work and finish grading. I currently have a 3/5 ton 4x4 Chevy that has the nv4500 5 speed. I was thinking about getting a 14k gooseneck to haul the dozer or what ever I buy. My truck is already set up for it also. Any info would be great
I also forgot they guy is asking 5 k for it. It has the roll over Frame on it and it extends to the nose.
how many hours are you going to put on it a year ? 5 k is a lot for that old of a machine with 50% under carriage
I thought the price was kinda steep. I work a full time job for the railroad so I would only be using it on the weekends and some evenings during the week. I would be surprised if I got over 50 or 60 hours a month. Only thing I could see tha needs fixed is a small spot in the middle of the blade.
My dad bought this Case 310 diesel in 1971. This is me on it in the winter '71-72. I operated it to yard tree length firewood on weekends. I was only 13 years old, and loved this machine. The summer of 1972 we but new chains, pads and sprockets on it. Can anyone tell me any info on the specs of this dozer?