I think I'm going to need to do a torque converter replacement. Pushing dirt yesterday and noticed I was leaving a stream of fluid. Parked it to look for the source. Restarted and moved the machine forward and back looking for source, shut down again. Restarted and it wouldn't move at all. Oil dripping from the belly pan, pulled pan and found red-ish oil pouring from the threaded hole in the bottom of the flywheel housing. Also found a couple of broke. Hex head bolts and few pieces of metal on top of the pan. Picture attached. I'm assuming that the torque converter/flex plate are toast. What is the procedure for pulling to replace?
Do you have a service manual ? There is specific way that the flex plate and flywheel are assembled. The bolt heads you found probably sheared off the flywheel.
No, do not have a service manual.
You will need one to get the specs for the flex plate installation. I never changed one in a Case dozer but I have done the same thing in case tractors Two things are critical. Getting the flex plate perfectly centered on the flywheel and the clearence of them.