So we finally got the transaxle back from the dealer who installed all the parts. Put it back in, track in, reconnected everything. But when first started up and in neutral on the shifter. The transmission is still in 1st gear. And when I try 2nd or 3rd it doesnt click quite right on the shifter, And the machine lugs/wont move. I took the shifter off and checked everything. The gears seem to slide easily and the shifter doesnt seem to have anything wrong with it. Has someone messed with anything like this? the only thing I can think of would be the tech installed the gears in the wrong order, But by the looks its correct. This is when I pulled the shifter off in should be neutral position. Thanks
As a non-expert, here is my take on the issue. Trans shows to me it is in first gear There should be 3 shift forks in the slots were the blue arrows are shown. Slide gears to align orange gears and you have second. Slide gears to align gray gears and you have third. Slide gears slightly to the left area where red arrows are shown and you disengage first and it should put you in neutral Question, Where are the shift forks?
I pulled the shifter off in the should be neutral position before the photo, they slide on the interior side of both bottom gears.
Then my next thought is the neutral position forks needs to be verified. From what I see, it is in first gear
I did alot of thinking today on this. The one we thought was in 3rd is acctually a idle gear. The top shaft is input, bottom is pinion. The gear that is meshed on the pinion has a bushing not a spline, so it just spins and doesnt turn the shaft. This is the picture I took before we took the trany apart.