Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 430 Heat question

crdjeep · 2018-01-10 16:39

I have just purchased a 2006 case 430 , not sure why, but it doesn't blow any heat. Is there a valve to turn on? and where would it be located. I looked but can't find anything. Thank you

Replies14
  1. #1jacobd2018-01-10 17:37

    According to the owners manual there is a heater shutoff valve underneath the floor plate. It doesn't give any more info about it though.

  2. #2crdjeep2018-01-10 20:13

    Ok great, i'll check it out. I have the owners manual and didn't see anything.

  3. #3KSSS2018-01-10 21:46

    There is a valve there, just pull the floor pan. You will see it.

  4. #4GaryHoff2018-01-10 21:46

    +1 on the shut off valve below the floor plate. May be hard to find, as its probably under a lot of dirt. If that's open, then the electric valve probably has seized.

  5. #5crdjeep2018-01-11 17:28

    There is something that looks electronic there, under dirt. lol i have no idea how it comes apart. I'll just leave it alone. thanks

  6. #6crdjeep2018-01-11 19:55

    I looked at the part diagram online, it looks like there is suppose to be a ball valve. Could it be in a compartment in front of the battery that's accessible somehow else? thank you

  7. #7KSSS2018-01-11 20:04

    It is just a ball valve with a handle on it. Trace the large coolant lines that run to the front and you cant miss it. No doubt it will be under a lot of dirt. it is in front of the battery.

  8. #8crdjeep2018-01-12 08:13

    Found it, it was on. Crap. now what

  9. #9KSSS2018-01-12 14:27

    If I remember right (and I may not be), and maybe Garyhoff can chime in, there is another valve up by the engine. Maybe follow the coolant lines back to the engine. I seem to remember there was another valve there, that was on a 465, but may be the same.

  10. #10crdjeep2018-01-14 16:48

    Someone told me there could be air in the line?

  11. #11Delmer2018-01-14 21:55

    If the valves are opened it will flush the air out in no time at high idle. If you found both valves and they're open, or you traced the lines and there aren't more valves, then you can take the line apart anywhere and see which side is blocked. Could also be the heater core is plugged, they make them smaller and smaller these days, but the antifreeze is better and better, unless somebody added swamp water. Do the either of the hoses get hot when the engine has warmed up? Is the engine block hot when it's been worked? Do you know if there's a blend door in the air ducts?

  12. #12GaryHoff2018-01-14 23:15

    I don’t believe there is another coolant shut off valve at the engine. The most common issue was the electric heater valve failing. It’s below the floor pan. The wires and electrical rot in it, or it siezes closed, from staying shut all summer. Im assuming you have checked your fuses already.

  13. #13crdjeep2018-01-16 10:11

    I will check the fuse.

  14. #14crdjeep2018-01-16 15:17

    fuse was good