Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450 series 3 H controls to iso help

Ccpalmer1991 ยท 2018-01-10 09:19

Hi everyone, first time in this group. I have a question about my case 450 series 3. I just bought it and it has H controls, from operating cat loaders and equipment the cat iso controls are allot more comfortable. I read that new, you could choose either control. My question is does anyone know how to change my controls to iso? I called the case dealer and asked them how much it would cost or even if I could do it. They gave me this" u will have to bring it in first and we dont know how much it will cost" sales pitch. I am really handy, so I'm not afraid to tear into the machine if I had a little knowledge on what needs to be done. Any input would greatly be appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1GaryHoff2018-01-10 21:56

    Its actually rather expensive to change over the controls from H pattern, to ISO pattern. If you have Pilot controls already, all you have to do is change over the joystick bases. There is a kit available, and the installation time is written on the front page of the instructions. Kit should be 87703832. If you have mechanical controls, then the process is much more complicated.

  2. #2Ccpalmer19912018-01-10 22:05

    Yea, I have the joystick contros already. Is that a case part number? I tried googling kits to do it but keep coming up empty. Thanks

  3. #3jacobd2018-01-10 22:27

    Are you saying it's possible to convert mechanical linkage H style controls to ISO style? I thought that could only be done with hydraulic pilot and electric-over-hydraulic controls.

  4. #4Ccpalmer19912018-01-11 08:14

    I looked up that part number, it brought up the entire is system. I would think that some of the parts would be exchangeable( hoses and valves) do u know by chance the exact parts that have to be changed? Thanks again

  5. #5GaryHoff2018-01-11 19:44

    If you have H pattern mechanical control linkages, and would like the ISO pattern, then you would have to convert to pilot controls, and make some pump modifications, very expensive, and not really worth doing. Your dealer can look up the exact parts that are needed, the part number I provided should be the kit number. Usually a kit is cheaper than buying individually. The pilot valves are not the same, and have to be changed. I believe that some of the hoses are the same. I will see if I can find the kit instructions.

  6. #6Ccpalmer19912018-01-12 09:12

    Thanks allot. Yea i tried calling the dealer. They said around 1000 for them to do it.

  7. #7KSSS2018-01-12 14:23

    I am surprised it is that cheap. I am thinking it was like $1700 to change them around when the Series 3 came out.

  8. #8GaryHoff2018-01-14 23:10

    +1 ksss $1000 seems too cheap. Hope they looked up all the right parts.