Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 430 sticky lift control

Crystallattice ยท 2025-05-23 12:13

As the title says, my lift control is sticky, stays stuck in the lift position and needs a nudge to get it out, same with lowering however not as bad. I traced it back to the spool valve as the linkage is loose at the pin where it connects to the spool, when you move it back, the spool starts moving when the slack is taken up and the rod nudges it. Generally it is also very stiff compared to the tilt joystick which makes it quite hard to do small movements however that could be due to the rod eyes that are a bit rusty at the joystick side. The parts manual only shows two seals, I find it hard to believe that it could be that. Any ideas??

Replies2
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-05-24 08:53

    Very well, that it could be in the spool, if the o rings are hard enough. How many hours on the machine? Mine uses cables and I know my lift cabl is binding up a little. I did lube the cable but with the nylon sleeve, I expect having to change it out soon.

  2. #2Crystallattice2025-05-24 08:58

    Decided to strip the end of the spool valve and found the detent balls and spring jammed into the end of the cap. Someone must have opened it up before. Need to find a replacement spring as it is all mangled up but reassembled without the balls and spring and it now returns to centre. Haven't tried the machine yet however I think it is fixed.