My lap bar left hinge pin was broken so I swapped the whole lap bar out with one from my donor machine and then my lift joystick was jammed, before it seemd to prevent lift joystick movement when raised, with the new lap bar it was reversed. I adjusted the one linkage length and now the joystick can move when the lap bar is down, however it can also move when the lap bar is raised. So what is the purpose of the elaborate linkage system? I was under the impression that it is supposed to prevent using the lift joystick when the lap bar is up, however I can't see how the linkages can be adjusted to accomplish that, if that is the intended purpose.
A make and model would sure help your cause here.
Case 430 series 2
Isn't the lapbar opening and closing a switch, or is there something I have not seen. Some manufacturers use magnetic switches to tell the computer what is going on in the cab with regard to if the engine is running and if the bar is down or not. It is all safety stuff because of people getting kiled. Schematics would tell a lot. Simon C
Yes, there is a switch on the right hinge point, however I'm trying to figure out what the extra linkage is on the left hinge point. It pushes a rod vertically down that then acts on another linkage that is linked to the loader joystick. I thought it would lock it out when the lap bar is raised, however it doesn't look as if the geometry is right to accomplish that. Currently it will only activate and push the joystick to neutral about halfway through lifting the lap bar, once all the way up, the joystick can be moved again. So I'm trying to figure out if that is how it is supposed to work of if something is bent, broken or missing.
Going to need a manual, I think.