Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 440 or Bobcat S250?

TimmyD21 ยท 2014-03-23 13:01

Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a skid steer for our farm(basically I need it to do everything cleaning yards/brush, fencing ect.), and need a little help. I've been looking at a 08' CASE 440 and 08' Bobcat S250. I'm a big CASE fan, and drove a CASE 420 for a lot of years at work, and my dad likes Bobcat (use to hand/foot controls) and the local Bobcat dealer is really good. Here are the two skid steers: Bobcat S250: 2008 ACS controls (I have never used them before, wondering how well they work and are the hand controls comparable to the CASE controls) Heat/Air 2-speed and Bobtach 2087 hrs (used for snowplowing/landscaping) Listed Price: $23,000 CASE 440 Series 3: 2008 Heat/Air 2-speed 3300 hrs (used for landscaping) Listed Price: $25,000 Just wondering what you guys thought and feel free to offer any advice/comments on what you think. I would also would like OTT steel tracks any preference? Thanks for the help!.

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2014-03-23 14:14

    The two machines don't exactly match up. The BC is a vertical lift with a higher ROC than the radial lift CASE. The CASE 440 series 3 is a hyd. pilot machine, very nice control system. The CASE 440 will likely be my all time favorite SSL. I had an original 440 (and a 70XT before that). You cant beat the power in that size machine. They are incredibly strong. The S-3 cabs are nice, much better than the original 400 series cab. I never ran steel tracks on mine, but did run a VTS system. The price seems a little high on the 440. I know little about the BC.