Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 445CT hydrostatic pump test port locations

muddog1975 ยท 2021-01-01 00:50

I have ordered a paper service manualfor this machine, but it will not be in before I need it. Would anyone happen to know the test port locations for checking pressures. I belive this machine has a worn pump, but I need to verify it. Gear pump seems to be OK, lift arms are operating ok. Drive motors are not moving at low rpms. And at high rpms left track spins good and strong until I engage right side drive motor, then the left side drive motor slows and sounds like it grinding, then it stops. Like I said it seems like the pump is not putting I ut enough pressure to run both drive motors. Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies8
  1. #1muddog19752021-01-02 20:22

    Well I found them....they are right on top for anyone else looking for them. As I expected the pump is done. After verification with hydraulic pressure check.

  2. #2muddog19752021-01-05 21:50

    Pumps out

  3. #3muddog19752021-01-05 21:52

    Mud and gravel

  4. #4muddog19752021-01-05 21:53

    Cleaner than before

  5. #5Muffler Bearing2021-01-06 10:28

    Great Job Muddog! Oh man I pity you having to work in that much dirt. Get a good look at that coupler on the flywheel, I often find them cracked on the newer case skids. Let me know if you need anything else from the manual

  6. #6TVA2021-01-06 14:11

    First question would be: exactly what pressure you wanted to check? System pressures, charge pressure or pilot pressures? Second question: how did you determined that pump was faulty and not the motor(s)?

  7. #7muddog19752021-01-06 17:25

    Thank you Sir, i will definitely check the coupler.

  8. #8muddog19752021-01-06 17:31

    System pressure to drive motors was what I was looking for.....400 psi on front pump output to right side drive motor.....pump rebuild shop that customer dropped off, said it was destroyed....might have sent metal to the (right side) drive motor. May be pulling it also....but thats up to the customer....his machine...his dollar.