I have a case 450, 1974 model. When it gets warm the right track does not drive. Let it sit overnite, and it works fine unitl it gets warm. IN cold weather, it doesn't act up at all. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong?
Welcome to HEF ross0801! Could be a number of things to cause your problem. A few answers to questions may help. Firstly, when the problem is evident, does it attempt to drive at all? As the machine warms up, is it a slow loss of drive or does it happen suddenly? Does the transmission pressure gauge on the dash work? Hows the pressure cold & then warm? In neutral & then in drive Do the brakes work? & do they neutralize the drive when applied?
I see this post is from 12/28/12 and I hope you have an answer to your problem , but if not, A sticky master cylinder or a broken brake pedal return spring can cause the brake fluid to not return to the master cylinder and heat expansion of the trapped fluid can cause the clutch disconnect to disengage the track. I would lift the floorboard and withy a 1/4 in wrench loosen the bleeder on the cylinder and let it open then operate the machine to see if the problem reoccours. This is amore common issue than you may suspect. Otherwise alrmans questions need answered to zero in on the problem, H&L speed trans pressures with hot oil will give a idea of clutch seals and shaft sealing rings integrity. Mel