I have a case 450 dozer . Serial number 3068986 . On the torque converter their is the pressure regulator and relief valves . I got them mixed up and was wondering if anyone knows which is which ? Here is a picture of them . Notice the larger groove near the top of one piston . I have the service manual downloaded on my computer but the picture is so fuzzy I can’t tell which is which . Thank you !
I believe the one on the right is the pressure regulator piston.
Thanks coy ! I really need to know for sure though . You would think all these people on this site someone would know for sure . I have the service manual downloaded on my computer but the picture is not clear enough to see
I’m still having problems . The dozer runs good pressure for about 45 minutes and then the torque converter pressure drops off to nothing and the transmission drops to 100 psi . And the oil is way to hot along with the pump . Bringing it to case dealer next week but I want to make sure I got the pistons where they belong .
Armand665 used to answer a lot of questions for me but I guess he doesn’t like me anymore . Lol
Who is Armand665 ? HEF member ?
Yeah he’s the guy from Australia. Born in Iran I think . Case mechanic
It might be just arman
Alrman
Yeah !
That’s it , sorry . Anyway he must of been or is a case mechanic cause I’ve seen him answer about every model there is .
Does anyone have the paperback service manual ? The picture might be clearer .
Alrman has been repairing Case machines for over thirty years in Australia. He started out in a dealership and then started his own repair business. Here are the valves and springs enlarged. If it is any help.
I would say that helps a lot ! It defiantly looks like coy was right . Thank you very much . Like I said the computer picture was really hard to see , very fuzzy .im confident Now that the one with the groove is the pressure regulator .
I just wonder what happened to him .
I don't think anything (I hope not) happened to him. He is most likely busy with his repair business. Yes Coy was correct. Lucky for us that Coy, Melben and Alarman share their many,many years of professional Case experience on HEF.
Me too . Seemed like a really good knowledgeable guy
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in awhile.
This is just a comment , I think that it is absolutely ridiculous that they make these charge pump housings out of aluminum. First it can only take so much heat . Second , they scratch so easy . If they want to use so much aluminum , it should be lined with titanium or 9 chrome . Even just good hardened steel would be better . Just another example of make cheap charge more !
I would like to thank each and every member who has helped me and stuck through this project that has been a nightmare . I would like to say that if anyone is ever intimidated by rebuilding a torque converter , I’m here to tell you DONT BE ! The rebuild kit is 375.00 . Just follow the service manual step by step and you will be fine . The service manual contradicts its self in one area and that is the placement of the pressure regulator valve and the pressure relief valve . So if anyone ever has this problem I will post these pictures for your benifit . The longer skinnier spring is inside the the fat spring . Pay close attention to the pistons . The piston with the groove at the top goes with the two springs