Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Valve adjustment on iveco 6.7

Malingos · 2020-08-17 14:24

Ok I am in need of some help here, I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I am trying to set the valves on this iveco 6.7 engine and not coming out right. Ok so I barred the engine over and set timing pin and checked all marks on gears and all in place, set it at TDC and began adjustment but when I rotate 360degrees to adjust the rest, I am not able to do so because exhaust 2 and intake 3 are not loose. If I turn it to loosen them up then it’s all out of wack. I know I’m screwing up somewhere...Help please

Replies2
  1. #1kith2020-08-17 19:42

    Depends on age of engine. Later ones you have to follow the firing order because the camshaft is made different because of emissions.

  2. #2Malingos2020-08-23 22:12

    Hey Kith, sorry to getti g back to you so late. Thank you for the info, I was able to set the valves and had fuelpump timed, so enginw is running well.