Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450 suction line leak (drip)

born2ride ยท 2017-01-11 13:37

Notice some spot on floor, located to small hose under crawler wet with drips, part number R13911 31.80mm x 101.60 mm suction hose, 33 bucks a foot. question is buy the foot from case dealer? or is there an alternative? Figured I would change hose verses replacing clamps, system is low already! Second question: Manual says 8 gallon of TCH which is replaced by hy-trans now, Is there a proper fill procedure? Any other service recommendation while system is empty? I have changed filter on right side under arm rest already.

Replies4
  1. #1Operator41002017-01-12 17:18

    Hey man, you might check Mcmaster- Carr but bet price is comparable, checked manual just fill then crank and idle a bit check with engine off at or just below full mark, take care, DW

  2. #2mikebramel2017-01-12 19:41

    That's 1-1/4 suction hose, 4" long. Make sure you get suction hose. Dixon and other I assume make nice clamps for that with the two bolts. The T bolt clamps probably work jsut as good. Remember, on suction lines, oil leaks out, air leaks in

  3. #3born2ride2017-01-13 21:58

    Never thought about if it is weeping out it may suck air in when running!! It has regular hose clamp on it now I will upgrade to a better clamp! Can you explain the difference in suction hose? Being in auto field I have learned what different hoses are for, but what makes a suction hose special?

  4. #4GaryHoff2017-01-16 13:42

    Suction hose will typically have a 1 wire strand in it. That is just so the hose will not collapse. It will be a tight fit over the fittings, so I usually heat the hose up a bit with a heat gun. And as mentioned above, use good hose clamps.