Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450ct

mantones ยท 2014-04-28 06:06

I have a 2005 Case 450CT and when full speed ahead or back it wants to pull to the right and I have to use the left control to straighten it out again. Pulls about 2' to the right over a 25' span. Is there just an adjustment that needs to be done on the right hand control?

Replies5
  1. #1melben2014-04-28 08:37

    2 ft in 25 is quite a bit out of tracking, does the drive have equal power when pushing heavy dirt or does the slow side lack power, which pattern does it have. If it has mechanical linkage controls there are stop collars on the linkage under the lever covers to limit lever travel. A small allen wrench will loosen the split in the collar so you can turn it on the threaded rod for tracking adjustment. I would try to speed the slow side up first to see if the linkage is traveling as far as it can on the slow side, if so then you will have to slow the fast side down. If the slow side lacks push power you may have pump/motor issues so check the power both side to be sure. Mel

  2. #2mantones2014-04-28 09:39

    It's the standard H pattern controls. And it seems to have good power while pushing and regular use. Just wants to track to the right. I will definitely check the linkage for sure. Thank you very much for the info.

  3. #3Swannny2014-04-28 18:10

    Tracks tensioned unevenly could attribute to the machine pulling to one side as well.

  4. #4mantones2014-04-28 18:27

    Yes. That was the first thing I checked. They are both good. I will have to wait until I get home to check the linkage. Also how does one tell if the front idler or and of the rollers are shot?

  5. #5KSSS2014-04-29 00:04

    I don't know how to do it but the tracking can be adjusted. I have had the dealer adjust my machines