Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

If you were in the market for a used Skid

DirtCrawler ยท 2014-04-28 18:52

List the 'Must Haves' you would look for in a used skid steer if you were going to buy one. List in order of what would be most important to you first, last thing least important. Brand, lift type, hp, lift OC, to creature comforts, etc whatever it is that you would consider when looking. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2014-04-29 00:10

    The lift type depends on what I plan on doing with the machine. If its mostly grading than I would get a radial lift. I like the sight lines on these machines. If I had to pick one machine to do everything, than it would have to be a vertical lift, they are a lot more efficient at loading trucks. Mine would most likely be CASE, EH, Full cab, 95hp, ride control, two speed, high flow.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2014-04-29 00:26

    I agree. If the machine is to be suited to a specific type of work then it could be specced around that work. I do a little bit of everything with mine, I'd want a minimum of 2000lbs lift capacity, pilot controls, 2 speed, enclosed cab, HVAC in that order. I've never used a vertical lift machine, can't comment on which is better. Even though I've had problems with my machine, I think I'd still want a Cat, the dealer is 15 minutes away and you just can't beat their support program.