Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 480E wiring issues..

OVERTORQUED · 2020-02-01 03:59

Hi All- have a 480E that has pretty much all the wiring torn out of it and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a schematic?

Replies10
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-02-01 09:35

    I prefer printed Case OEM printed service manuals but, digital downloads are very good also. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Case+480E+service+manual&_sacat=0&_sop=15 The parts book has some limited wiring info. https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...04e71a&sl=EN&currency=#epc::mr7978387ar963336

  2. #2OVERTORQUED2020-02-01 13:55

    Thanks for the links!

  3. #3OVERTORQUED2020-05-27 06:30

    Ok, I did purchase the cds off eBay and got the digital download as well.... but... the page in which the wiring diagram resides, is pretty much unreadable. It’s the only page that is like that. Checked it on the cd as well (it’s the same file essentially) and can’t make it out. Zoomed it, magnified it, resolution up/down and no dice. Cant make heads or tails of this butchered, grenaded wiring. Have had so much good info from everyone on here in the past, I’m hoping somebody could possibly have a clear diagram? Just the one page....

  4. #4franklin22020-05-27 09:52

    I might have one for a 480c or a 580c. I don't know how that compares to a 480E. My wiring is all messed up also, but looking at it, there is really nothing to it but lights, fans, etc. There is a little bit of wiring for the neutral shuttle switch, and some simple wiring for the alternator charging. Since it doesn't affect running or digging, it's been low on my list of things to fix.

  5. #5OVERTORQUED2020-05-27 13:29

    How would one get a copy to see?

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-05-27 19:43

    There is a lot of info. in the online parts book. https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...34ba84e&sl=EN&currency=#epc::mr7978387ag43899 I have all the wiring details for a 480C, I don't know is if your E is the same.

  7. #7Tinkerer2020-05-27 19:57

    Did you contact the vendor on EBay ? May be worth it. Which vendor is it?

  8. #8franklin22020-05-28 18:30

    I started a private conversation, look in the upper right corner of the page and click on it.

  9. #9OVERTORQUED2020-05-29 17:43

    Sorry got hung up... the eBay username was gailforcd. Let me contact him and see if he can do something first. Should have thought of that myself....

  10. #10OVERTORQUED2020-05-29 17:51

    It looks exactly like that- just need the wiring for the relays and instrument cluster. I did send the vendor I got the cd from to see if he can get me something more clear, so will have to wait and see. Thanks for the diagram.